Wednesday, November 12, 2008

70: Return to Cyrodiil

Darkasha followed behind me as I walked out of the Council hall. He could tell we were finished in Sadrith Mora, and we made our way back to the Imperial Mages’ guild. The room was as busy as when we had arrived, and I looked around briefly. I wasn’t sure what I was looking for, but the Nerevarine had said he had arranged for our transport back to Cyrodiil. I began to move towards the guild guide. But then I noticed the man sitting slumped over on a bench in a corner. Or rather, I noticed his hair.

“Kael?” I said.

The blue hair was a give away, but I was still a bit surprised to see Kael here. He looked up, and then gave me a confused smile. I walked over to him and he rose to greet me. I couldn’t help but notice the shabbiness of his clothes and the wince as he reached to shake my hand. He had been through hell since we had seen him last, there was no doubt about that.

“What a surprise.” He said weakly. “I knew I was waiting here for something, but I wasn’t sure what.”

“Well, here we are.” I said, still taken aback from the surprise. “You wouldn’t happen to know how we’re getting back to Cyrodiil would you?”

He smiled, then winced again. “Yeah, I have the transport stone right here. But we can’t go yet. I need to recover.”

“Anything I can do to help?” I asked.

“Yeah, find out where that healer went. Ah, speak of the devil.” A mage in white robes approached carrying a potion. He handed it to Kael and he drank it down. There was a subtle cracking and popping as Kael’s bones were healed. Then he stood without a wince and thanked the healer.

“Right.” He said, pulling a few small, glowing gems from his pocket. “You know the drill.”



When we arrived in the shabby hut in Leyawiin I immediately fell into a chair. The weight of the last few days was finally lifted off of my shoulders. We were back in the relative peace of Cyrodiil, at last. I must have dozed off, because when I woke up Kael was placing a plate of hot food in my hands. I thanked him and gobbled it down gratefully. When I had finished, I waited for Kael to finish his own portion before engaging him in conversation.

“So what now?” I said.

He sighed. “Rest. I need to report back to my commander, but otherwise it’s going to be somewhat quiet around here for a while. Pity, really.”

“Why is it a pity?” I asked.

“What? Oh, a pity you won’t be able to enjoy it.” He shrugged, then handed me a letter he produced out of his pocket.

“Syras,
We appreciate the difference you have made in Vvardenfell. Without your help, the province would almost certainly have fallen to the Daedra. Which is why we’re giving you five days to report back to the Imperial City. A certain matter needs your expertise.
Jauffre.”


I sighed. “Damn it.”

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Will, such a pushover!

November 12, 2008 9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, Will needs to keep his pimp hand strong! Slap some bitches and take a vacation! That's what I would do!

-Noozooroo

November 13, 2008 4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

XD

-Noozooroo

December 25, 2008 3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

to be sure to be sure tis time to do a chapter!

January 07, 2009 7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home